1.Health is better than wealth. (Use: preferable)
Ans. Health is preferable to wealth.
2. He took every care yet he died. (Use : In spite of….)
Ans.In spite of taking every care he died.
3.Does anyone like paying fine? (Use: No one……)
Ans. No one like paying fine.
4. Beside making a promise, he kept it. (Use: Not only, but also)
Ans. He not only made a promise but also he kept it.
5. This watch may be expensive but I will by it. (Begin : However……)
Ans. However expensive the watch maybe but I will buy it.
6. It would be sensible to take him to hospital, before he collapse. (Begin : We had……)
Ans.We had been sensible enough to take him to the hospital before he collapse.
7. You would help me greatly by your advice. (Begin : I would…..)
Ans. I would be greatly helped by your advice.
8. Reema is not the cleverest girl in the class. (Ends :……than Rima)
Ans. Many other girls are clever in the class then Reema.
9.He is not only a good orator , but also an excellent actor. (Begin : Besides being…….)
Ans. Besides being a good orator he is an excellent actor.
10. They said , ” We are sure Anil was here last month.” (Begin : They said……)
Ans. They said that they were sure that Anil was here last month.
11.To show disrespect to your teacher is not good. (Begin : It……_)
Ans. It is not good to show this respect to your teacher.
12.The result surprised everybody in the town. (Begin : The result took…..)
Ans. The result took everyone to surprise.
13.Sand and potash largely make glass. (Begin : glass is …..)
Ans. Glass is largely made of Sand and Potash.
14. Shut the gate at once,” the manager said to the gentleman. (Begin : The manager ordered….)
Ans. The manager ordered the gentleman to shut the door at once.
15. You remembered to post the letter, didn’t you. (Begin : you didn’t …….)
Ans. You didn’t remember to post the letter.
16. To sleep under a tree at night is not advisable. (Begin : It is ….)
Ans. It is not advisable not to sleep and directory and directory under a tree.
17. He is too old for the job. ( Remove “too”)
Ans. He is so old that he cannot do the job.
18. He saw the police and ran away. (Begin : As soon as ……)
Ans. As soon as he saw the police then he ran away.
19. It does not matter if we lose. (Begin : What if….)
Ans. What if we lose that it.
20.He is sorrowful, but yet hopeful. (Begin : Notwithstanding…..)
Ans. Notwithstanding the fact that he was sorrowful but also helpful.